lunes, 26 de septiembre de 2011

Somewhere over the...


Though the window I just see the usual mix of blue, green and brown. All the same, all different, these are our planet colors. I wish I could just open the window and fly, feeling the texture of those white clouds that seems to be artificial or just a candy for the children. But not only touching them, also tasting. It is just water vapor, I know but, who has not have that dream?
As we are reaching the top lawyers of the Earth, the clouds are melting with the ground and it seems they are just sawing me a way. It would be so easy to just jump from one to the other! Though they are just taking another path, not the one I am starting today so I have to apologize to them: just wait for me… maybe I can follow you in the future.; but not today. Now it is my moment for the second step of a path that started 365 days ago.
August, 31 2010. How can I forget that date? I remember that day I was out most of the time. I do not remember exactly my day though I remember that I was having a coffee, or just talking, with a great friend and then I met a “new neighbor acquisition” (another really good friend) to go for a run. However I really remember when I came back it was around 10pm and I did what now it has become another “vital task”: check my mail.
“I am glad to inform you that you have been accepted”. Wait a second. What??? I had to rub my eyes and read it again. Was that meaning that at the end my plan A was going to work? That after all, after that sunny, horrible (but also amazing thanks to a really important person) day a month ago in Ovio where I realized I have to find a new plan C – plan B was not working neither- I was going to get my plan A at the end? And that last horrible month trying to find a new way was going just to be over?
So, I did what I do when I am scared, when I do not know what to do. I run into the kitchen to find my father and explain him all the plans and future alternatives. After that, I made some calls. And I decided. After that, I also stop doing plans and I decide no more having always one or two alternative plans. No more planning.
365 days after that. The first stage of that the decision is just over. The second, and last round, is starting.
Several miles upper, here I am. Everything is now white. As it is cloudy clouds are not brighten but their mantle is still amazing. It seems like when you have a coffee with a lot of cream. You know that what it is under is amazing and perfect, and indeed, it is what you want, the coffee but still you feel you want that cream to long forever… . Bye Leipzig, I hope to see you soon. Bye Germany and Europe, I wil miss you too. But it is time to cross the ocean and say, Hello Halifax!

1 comentario:

La mujer del médico dijo...

Who would have said, a year ago, we would be were we are now, doing what we are doing, breathing the air we breath?
I remember that day in august. I remember I was happy and blue because you, my best support in an awful period of my life, were leaving for two years. My sister was about to go to China. You hadn't hung the phone and I was already missing you.
Now we're both overseas from Europe, in such different countries, but I still feel you are close to me. Eventhough we are about 2700 miles from each other, I'm 5200 miles from home, so your presence here makes me think home's a bit closer (just halfway :P).
Welcome to this new era.
How could someone even "discuss" if globalization exists?
Love,