miércoles, 12 de diciembre de 2012

Assessing my life 2012



Last year I did not publish my letter so it is a bit harder to review it. But, looking back over last year (and even using the 2011 letter) I am trying to make it.

One year ago I was coming back from Canada with a broken laptop and the last semester to go: to write my Master thesis in a country where I was unable to communicate with the people (Poland). Besides, in my calender I had two weddings to attend, some new born to know and the hope of a summer visit from Costa Rica.
My friends were spread around Europe and  luckily, I managed to put all the "love issues" aside. On my ToDo list I had some family issues to solve and an uncertain future.

  1. I am not only breathing but I went on swimming... and I managed to reach the coast line. After so many time in open water, it is relaxing.  Also, I am happy because some of my friends are also reaching it. Though there is still a long way to swim and yet, I need to solve some family issues.
  2. It might be a year ago when I told to my amazing best friend that I wanted "that girl who was always laughing" back. She told me that was not going to be possible. Luckily, she was wrong. But I was also wrong: that girl was always there.
  3. Last year, after Canada, I thought I was healed and the only broken thing was my laptop. One year later, I can totally assure I am healed and I do not have any computer problem anymore. Indeed, I do have: but it is related with my new hobby/belief and fight. So it is a "positive" problem.
  4. Congrats! I have an usel diploma that says I am a M.A in Global Studies. I do not care about its academic implications but it is important for its "internal" and "soul" meaning. Studying this master has been one of my best decisions. I managed to survive all the polish bureocracy and at the end, to be able to defend my thesis on time to catch a plane to go back to Spain.
  5. These last two years gave me so many moments to find myself. Good and bad ones. I continue doing it. I discover the magic of living: as everything around you, you and your perspectives are continually changing.
  6. Two years with intense daily events have gone. There are a lot of new people in my life and only 24hours day. I discover that you do not need to speak the same language to communicate with others and I still have to meet an amazing baby. And I guess, I should work harder on keeping my friendships. I could not attend one of the weddings and it still makes me really sad. But at least, I could enjoy some days with Amaya. She picked me up from the airport in June!
  7. The future is still really uncertain. But I learned that this is the way it has to be. Last July, when I decided to start an internship in Berlin, some of my friends called me crazy. I was not even sure about it (if I was going to like it) but I had to make that decision. There was no other way, no more crossroads. Currently, I am enjoying my last days there because I have a new project waiting for me. And, as much as I am willing to start the new job, I cannot put in words how much I got from this internship and how much it has helped me.
So, in sum up, I guess 2012 was a good year. There are still a lot of things to improve, a lot of fears to overcome and a lot of projects to make real. The year also came with a lot of bad feelings and some hard news but in general (and if I assume that all the loses are not my fault), if I pretend not to look to the world economic situation I can say that 2012 was one of those "quiet" and "peaceful" years.

No hay comentarios: