jueves, 25 de diciembre de 2014

Assessing my life 2014


Dear Facebook, I am sorry but you cannot choose the best moments of my year. That is one of my duties, when December comes. So once more, on December 25th, I am assessing my life. 2014 is the year of the planes, the year that came as fast as it is leaving that I didn't even realized it was time to write Christmas cards again. But it is also the year of the visits and the year of getting a place called home.
So, let's get down to business (Carta a los Reyes 2013)


1. Accomplished. And almost with capital letters:  my job is offering me lots of new challenges... in one way or another.  I did not manage to get as much time as I wanted to meet friends  (and that should be a to do for next year) but at least our guest room was quiet full. I managed to  learn how to use our equipment, to drive alone again, to climb the Alps with a tripod, go to the Turkish-Syrian border, to film some anarchists in Greece.. or even to run a zombie run with a gopro and a live U or to hold Live U for hours above me to get it work. And I am managing to deal with my boss...

2.  Finally close people around me are healthy (not everyone but most of them) so it was not a bad year. It can improve, of course but I have to consider it was a positive year. Because  the ones that are not 100 % heal, are becoming stronger. 

3. The trip to Costa Rica  was amazing. It not only make me disconnect (finally) but also I enjoyed every second in that awesome country: my routes alone, meeting Amaya's environment there and having the chance to know JP a bit better, the food, the Nature... even that moment when I was sunburned or when we had to walk really fast to avoid being trapped in a beach.

4.  Not as much as I wanted, but I managed to keep on running. The lack of a routine makes it hard but  I still enjoy it as much as the first day. Jogging in Tempelhof , through the canal, towards Treptower Park... so many routes and all of them different and interesting.

5.  The only one I did not manage to accomplish. And it is a pity as I really would have like to do it. I guess I had my mind in other things. So I did not collaborate with the FSFE during 2014 but that leaves me a new challenge for 2015.

To sum up, I succeed in most of my expectations for 2014. I guess I was not expecting a lot from this year more than stability and a bit of happiness and I was lucky because my life rhythm did not allow me to go through a lot of new challenges. Or basically because it was one of those year for discovering yourself.  But it was good because I kept on swimming and growing up.. and with friends.


No hay comentarios: